The degree programme in affiliation with Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, for the award of Bachelors Degree in Education took off in the 2011/2012 academic session with 901 students admitted under the direct entry and UTME admission platforms.
The programme is full time and took off with the following courses:
– Electrical/Electronics Technology Education
– Auto/Mechanical Technological Education
– Building Construction/Wood Work Technology
– Chemistry Education
– Biology Education
– Mathematics Education
– Integrated Science Education
– Educational Management and Policy Education
– Business Education
– Library and Information Science Education
– Early Child and Primary Education
The Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC) accreditation team of 2011 granted full accreditation to all the programmes in the light of the massive human and material infrastructure deployed for the programme. In the 2014/2015 academic session, Physics and Computer Education were added to the programme, bringing it to a total of thirteen (13) courses; with a current student population of one thousand, seven hundred and nine (1709) distributed along the course areas.
The Degree Unit has been coordinated at different times by:
– Mrs. Anyikwa, C. O. – Deputy Registrar and Pioneer Coordinator
– Dr. Anaekwe, M. C. – Chief Lecturer/Director, Academic Planning and Statistics
– Mr. Nnubia, C. C. – Deputy Registrar
The College currently in affiliation with Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, currently offers the following courses:
Enquiries for any of the above mentioned courses can be made at the Office of the Registrar (Admissions unit).
UTME: Candidates who sat for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and scored 180 and above with credit passes in English Language Mathematics and any other three (3) subjects relevant to the course of study, are requested to get in touch with Federal College of Education (Technical) Umunze for admission, whether or not they made the College any of their choice Institution.
DIRECT ENTRY: Possession of NCE. OND, Diploma (UNIZIK only) in relevant areas in addition to O’level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and any other three (3) subjects relevant to the course of study.
Regular is three (3) years for direct entry and four (4) years for UMTE/JAMB entry.