To serve as a catalyst towards creating a centre of academic excellence in research, science and education for the much desired technological advancement in Nigeria.
The College is established on the Philosophy that the institution is set to pursue and reflect excellence in the production of pre-vocational and vocational teachers and in the furtherance of knowledge and improvement of the practice thereof. The College’s educational and training endeavors shall therefore concentrate in the main, on the production of teachers to teach the vocations/trade and all the vocationally oriented subjects offered in junior secondary schools as well as in primary education. As a tertiary institution, it shall remain rooted, in its practice in the best traditions and principles of conduct of higher education and shall aim at and adopt measures to realize in its life such objectives of higher education as are part of the National Policy on Education.
Objectives of the College:
- Contribute significantly to meeting in numerical terms the recurrent and expanding needs of the 6-3-3-4 (now 9-3-4) system of education for pre-vocational and vocational teachers;
- Epitomize a strong tradition of excellence in teaching, functional or job oriented research activities, scholarship, institutional organization and management, and community related services;
- Impart to their students the occupational knowledge and skills needed for the teaching of technology relevant to the Nigerian economy as well as develop their capacities for rational self management;
- Foster national ideas in social organization and relation’s within their academic communities.
- Inculcate in their students the ideals of life-long and of ‘complete man’ education;
- Produce professionally competent pre-vocational and vocational teachers who are imbued with the sense of human worth, the values of work in the transformation of human life and human environment, and with the zeal and knack for nation building through education.
To Educate for Self Reliance. The concept behind the College motto resides mainly with the National Policy on Education and in the College Mission Statement which aim at preparing students for self employment. To us, technical and vocational education should be geared towards the acquisition of technical skills and entrepreneurship education which should deal with the skills of vocationalism and self employment competencies. In order to solve the problem of mounting unemployment in Nigeria, students should be educated to be self-reliant.