BRIEF HISTORY OF ACADEMIC PLANNING AND STATISTICS UNIT
Academic Planning and Statistics Unit is as old as the College and plays a central role in coordinating all academic programmes of the College. It is directly attached to the Provost.
The pioneer Director of Academic Planning (DAP), was Dr. G.A.O. Ogalanya, after him came Engr. M.E Ezeabikwa. Dr. M.C. Anaekwe was in charge of the Unit from 2006 to late 2009 while, Dr. V.N Ejezie served as the DAP from 2010 to 2012. From 2013 to date, Dr M.C. Anaekwe, on a second term, is serving as the Director of Academic Planning.
Major Responsibilities of the Unit:
- Coordinates all the academic programmes of the College.
- Timely Scheduling of Academic Activities of the College every session.
- Coordinates Resource Visitation, Accreditation and Reaccreditation exercises by liaising between Supervisory Agencies and the College.
- Coordinates External Moderation of Examination Questions, Answer Scripts and payment of honoraria to external examiners.
- Liaising between Time table Committee, Schools and other academic units to ensure smooth conduct of examinations.
- Liaising with relevant Committees and Units to ensure smooth conduct of matriculation and Convocation ceremonies.
- Serves as a clearing house for resolving all academic issues/matters involving students and among academic staff.
- Attending to all other assignments of academic nature (e.g. review of Students’ Handbook), in and out of the College, as may be directed by the College Management.